Lead Audio-Visual Designer
You will also be providing the sales support to our Technology Advisors collaborating on client need analysis & proposal generation. This role will take ownership and be responsible for the technical design of the project which including but not limited to system design (BoM), labor estimation, shop drawing creation, as well as system testing and configuration. To be successful in this role, you need to be highly skilled, detail oriented, and possess exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate information effectively in writing, by phone, or in person. This is a full-time position with most work is performed Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Performing site visits
• Developing bills of materials and labour estimates
• Creating scopes of work
• Creating technical drawings (Functional)
• Creating standards and templates for AV designs
• Reviewing BOM prior to ordering
• Creating and assigning CAD design tasks in Q360
• Providing technical assistance to deployment team
• Creating BOMs for CCOs/ICOs and review the system functionality impact of CCOs/ICOs
• Participating in project kick-off, post mortems, and other project-related meetings
• Tracking time in Q360
• Presenting findings on infrastructure environmental health to stakeholders
• Keeping up to date on industry trends in Collaboration, Security and IoT
• Determining, visualizing client use cases
• Working with team members
• Working with sub-contractors to properly quote opportunities
• Creating Test Plans
• Creating Power Point presentations to demonstrate proposed designs
• Providing Technical & Non-Technical support to Service & Installations teams
• Attending Trade shows to understand industry development
Education, Experience, Skills & Attributes
• 5+ years of experience in the commercial AV industry
• Must demonstrate ongoing technical education through vendor and/or industry resources
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to be creative and Can-Do attitude to meet our client’s expectation
• Analytical ability
• Initiative and decisiveness
• Problem-solving skills and the ability to work on a tactical and strategic level
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Able to multitask effectively
• Excellent time management skills
• Computer literacy
• Adaptability to a constantly changing environment
• Excellent Knowledge of industry standards
• CTSD Certified or working towards the certification
• CQD Certification would also be an asset
• Hold valid required certificates for Vendors
• Independent, self-motivated, driven. Does not require strong supervision.
• Ability to work with others
• Strong leadership skills to form and keep project team motivated.
• Valid Ontario Driver’s License (G)
• Able to legally work in Canada
• Evening & Weekend shift work may be required
• Travel required and have own transportation (Car)
Condition of Employement
• Must pass a criminal background check.
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the ET Group Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted. ET Group is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of ET Group’s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.
Explore your True Calling
We are an organization that allows for individuals to explore the ways in which their individual callings might intersect with the purpose of our organization. Discovering your passions and letting your diverse skill sets create impact across the organization is what ET Group is all about.