Lead Audio-Visual (AV) Installation Technician
We are a group of skilled and talented individuals passionate about the future of work within a company with over 40 years of rich history. We believe in flexible work schedules, remote working environments, enhanced vacation time, new and innovative collaborative work structures, comprehensive benefits packages, paid workshops/trainings, and having your say in how we work as a company.
We are always looking for authentic and hardworking people who are interested in building the future of work.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About ET Group
Companies around the world are encountering ever increasing and complex challenges in creating greater harmony within their organization. We believe that when people, space, and technology are woven together using the latest social and digital technologies, we can unleash the potential in humans. We help organizations work better together, creating more collaboration, quicker learning, better decisions making, and greater cultural harmony.
We have unique work structures that allow us to remain constantly progressive and innovative. Company culture is the best way to attract talented people, but for us it is an even more powerful way to harness, highlight, and amplify people to their true potential. Allowing individuals to be who they are while owning their incredible skills and talents unlocks greater levels of happiness, satisfaction, and trust. This means showing up to work and owning who you are inside and outside the office. As a group full of change makers, we are changing the way you work!
You will also be providing the sales support to our Technology Advisors collaborating on client need analysis & proposal generation. This role will take ownership and be responsible for the technical design of the project which including but not limited to system design (BoM), labor estimation, shop drawing creation, as well as system testing and configuration. To be successful in this role, you need to be highly skilled, detail oriented, and possess exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate information effectively in writing, by phone, or in person. This is a full-time position with most work is performed Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Performing site visits
- Developing bills of materials and labour estimates
- Creating scopes of work
- Creating technical drawings (Functional)
- Creating standards and templates for AV designs
- Reviewing BOM prior to ordering
- Creating and assigning CAD design tasks in Q360
- Providing technical assistance to deployment team
- Creating BOMs for CCOs/ICOs and review the system functionality impact of CCOs/ICOs
- Participating in project kick-off, post mortems, and other project-related meetings
- Tracking time in Q360
- Presenting findings on infrastructure environmental health to stakeholders
- Keeping up to date on industry trends in Collaboration, Security and IoT
- Determining, visualizing client use cases
- Working with team members
- Working with sub-contractors to properly quote opportunities
- Creating Test Plans
- Creating Power Point presentations to demonstrate proposed designs
- Providing Technical & Non-Technical support to Service & Installations teams
- Attending Trade shows to understand industry development
Education, Experience, Skills & Attributes
- 5+ years of experience in the commercial AV industry
- Must demonstrate ongoing technical education through vendor and/or industry resources
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to be creative and Can-Do attitude to meet our client’s expectation
- Analytical ability
- Initiative and decisiveness
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to work on a tactical and strategic level
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Able to multitask effectively
- Excellent time management skills
- Computer literacy
- Adaptability to a constantly changing environment
- Excellent Knowledge of industry standards
- CTSD Certified or working towards the certification
- CQD Certification would also be an asset
- Hold valid required certificates for Vendors
- Independent, self-motivated, driven. Does not require strong supervision.
- Ability to work with others
- Strong leadership skills to form and keep project team motivated.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License (G)
- Able to legally work in Canada
- Evening & Weekend shift work may be required
- Travel required and have own transportation (Car)
Condition of Employment
- Must pass a criminal background check.
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the ET Group Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
ET Group is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of ET Group’s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.