Audio Visual (AV) Control System Programmer
We are a group of skilled and talented individuals passionate about the future of work within a company with over 40 years of rich history. We believe in flexible work schedules, remote working environments, enhanced vacation time, new and innovative collaborative work structures, comprehensive benefits packages, paid workshops/trainings, and having your say in how we work as a company.
We are always looking for authentic and hardworking people who are interested in building the future of work.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About ET Group
Companies around the world are encountering complex challenges in creating greater harmony within their organization. We believe that when people, space, and technology are woven together using the latest social and digital technologies, we can unleash the potential in humans. We help organizations work better together, creating more collaboration, quicker learning, better decisions making, and greater cultural harmony.
We have unique work structures that allow us to remain constantly progressive and innovative. Company culture is the best way to attract talented people, but for us it is an even more powerful way to harness, highlight, and amplify people to their true potential. Allowing individuals to be who they are while owning their incredible skills and talents unlocks greater levels of happiness, satisfaction, and trust. This means showing up to work and owning who you are inside and outside the office. As a group full of change makers, we are changing the way you work!
The Audio Visual Control System Programmer is responsible for providing high-end control systems programming services to our clientele as well as providing design assistance and support to our system designers. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled and motivated individual able to write and implement programming code for audiovisual control systems. The position has responsibility for assisting sales and technical operations staff with pre and post-sales control system design, graphical user interface development, and program implementation, Most work is performed Monday thru Friday from 8-5 with the potential for some evening and weekend work. Occasional overnight travel is possible.
- Assist in developing Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) that meet or exceed our client’s expectations.
- Creating the associated control systems for the user interfaces.
- Developing professional systems integration programs for various system such as Crestron, Extron, BSS, ClearOne and Biamp, etc.
- Reviewing reported deficiencies (staging) and performing the necessary corrections to resolve these situations.
- Coordinating the creation and integration of A/V control system programs.
- Setup and configure the AV streaming network and endpoints as well as DM endpoints to integrate with control system and deliver efficient and acceptable AV signal throughout the system.
- Troubleshooting and debugging AV systems.
- Creating DSP files that match drawing package for implementation and be familiar with networked audio protocols (Dante, AVB, etc.)
- Deliver a highly efficient and intelligible audio system based on environment acoustic behaviour.
- Work with programming team to enable control for desired audio parameters. (Volume, Mute, etc.)
- Being able to troubleshoot existing programs and AV systems.
Education, Experience, Skills & Attributes
- Extensive commercial AV equipment and systems knowledge to setup and program AV control systems using Crestron’s software tools
- Possess advanced system troubleshooting skills.
- Advance knowledge of DSP and AV matrix systems setup and configuration
- A good knowledge of videoconference systems setup and configuration (Polycom / Cisco).
- Must be Level 2 Crestron certified.
- Extron Certification desired but not mandatory.
- AMX Certification will also be considered.
- CTS or CEDIA certification or working towards
- Technical School degree in a related field preferred.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals such as: TCP/IP, addressing, routers, VLAN, and VPN.
- Working knowledge of different types of AV distribution systems such as HDBaseT and Streaming.
- Applicant has experience with interface (GUI) design and graphics applications.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build effective relationship and work in a team environment.
Condition of Employment
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
- Must pass a background check.
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the ET Group Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
ET Group is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of ET Group’s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.